Uniform shows that we are in a community. Wearing it says we’re all in this together.
Having a smart and professional attitude to dressing prepares students for the world of work. Not only is it practical and smart, it also creates a shared identity for our academy community.
All students at Co-op Academy Belle Vue will be required to wear a uniform, you can find full details in our Family Handbook at the bottom of the page.
You can find full details of our in our Uniform Policy.
Our uniform can be purchased at https://debonairschoolwearwythenshawe.co.uk/
- Dark blue Academy branded blazer.
- Grey academy branded jumper (Yr 7 - green collar stripe, Yr 8 - blue collar stripe)
- Academy tie
- White shirt with a collar (not a polo shirt)
- Straight leg black trousers (Trousers must be straight and must not be Lycra, denim or similar stretchy material. Skinny or tight style trousers are not permitted.
- Academy branded pinafore (must be below knee length)
- Plain black socks or black tights. Socks with decorations are not permitted e.g bows.
- Plain black shoes (no trainers, heels, pumps, canvas, patterns, accessories or excessive decorative features. Shoes should not be on or above the ankle i.e. no boots.
- Shoes with any sport logos visible on the outside of the shoe, are not permitted)
- A rucksack of suitable size and style to carry a student's full essential equipment.
- Academy branded polo shirt and/or long-sleeved multi top
- Academy branded sport shorts
- Suitable trainers (sports logos are permitted on PE trainers)
Optional PE Kit
- Academy branded jogging bottoms
- Academy branded sweatshirt
Jewellery & Accessories
- Students are permitted to wear all types of plain black headwear that has a recognised religious meaning. No other colour is permitted.
- Watches are the only jewellery to be worn in the academy
- Hair bands to be discreet and either black or dark navy blue
- All long hair must be fully tied back and must not obscure the face
- Only natural hair colours are permitted to be part of hairstyles
- No shaved patterns are to be part of hairstyles.
- No facial/tongue/body piercings are allowed, this includes earrings
- No obvious makeup should be worn
- Nail varnish or acrylic nails are not allowed.
Additional Uniform Expectations
- The Academy subscribes to the ‘Halo Code’ and therefore we encourage our students to embrace all Afro-hairstyles.
- Blazers and jumpers must be worn at all times; unless permission has been granted to remove them. Students choosing to wear a pinafore, do not need to wear a jumper.
- Branded academy uniform is available to buy via our ParentPay app for collection from the school.
Essential Items - The Terrific Ten
- Pencil case
- Black pen
- Standards card
- Green pen
- Reading book
- Knowledge Expert book
- Community Ambition book